The Briefly Write Poetry Prize celebrates and rewards bold, succinct writing.
We want well-crafted poems up to 10 lines. We want innovative language, strong imagery and a subtle, focused composition. Send us your best work.
There is a prize fund of £50. We are committed to accessibility and, as such, entry is free. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate any support towards the costs of running this competition.
See the full competition guidelines below.
- Free to enter. One entry per person.
- Everyone is welcome to enter, whoever you are and wherever you are in the world.
- Poems must be original and never previously published (including self-published) online or in print.
- Please do not submit work that is under consideration elsewhere. Once submitted, your entry cannot be withdrawn.
- Poems must be 10 lines or less. There is no theme.
- Only entries made via the online form (link below) will be considered.
- Entries open 10th May 2021. The closing date is 8th August 2021 @ 5pm BST. If in doubt about time zones, don’t leave it until the last day!
- Entries will be judged anonymously. Judges’ decision is final.
- There is a prize fund of £50, which will be split as follows: Winner = £25 / Runners-up (5) = £5 each. We reserve the right to reduce the number of prizes if insufficient entries are received.
- Prize and commended poems will be published online. Each winning author will have the chance to be featured on the website.
- All entrants will be contacted (by email) by the end of September. If, for any reason, this date needs to be changed, we will provide an update on this page and on Twitter.
- By entering the Briefly Write Poetry Prize, you are granting us first electronic rights only. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.