The Briefly Write Poetry Prize celebrates and rewards bold, succinct writing.
We want well-crafted poems up to 10 lines. We want innovative language, strong imagery and a subtle, focused composition. Send us your best work.
There is a prize fund of £60. We are committed to accessibility and, as such, entry is free. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate any support towards the costs of running this competition.
See the full competition guidelines below.
**PLEASE READ ALL THE GUIDELINES. YOUR ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE (SIMPLE) STEPS**
- Free to enter.
- One entry per person.
- Everyone is welcome to enter, whoever you are and wherever you are in the world.
- Poems must be original and never previously published (including self-published) online or in print.
- Please do not submit work that is under consideration elsewhere. Once submitted, your entry cannot be withdrawn.
- Your poem must be 10 lines or fewer. Your title is separate to this line limit.
- Only entries made via the online form (link below) will be considered.
- Entries open 1 May 2022. The closing date is 31 July 2022 @ 19:00 BST. If in doubt about time zones, don’t leave it until the last day!
- Entries will be judged anonymously. Judges’ decision is final.
- There is a prize fund of £60, which will be split as follows: 1st – £30 / 2nd – £15 / 3rd (x3) – £5. We reserve the right to reduce the number of prizes if insufficient entries are received.
- Prize and commended poems will be published online. Each winning author will have the chance to be featured on the website.
- Results will be published online and on Twitter by the end of September. If, for any reason, this needs to be changed, we will provide an update on this page.
- By entering the Briefly Write Poetry Prize, you are granting us first electronic rights only. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- If anything isn’t clear, send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your entry.