The Briefly Write Poetry Prize celebrates and rewards bold, succinct writing.
We want well-crafted poems up to 10 lines. We want innovative language, strong imagery and a subtle, focused composition. Send us your best work.
There is a prize fund of £60. We are committed to accessibility and, as such, entry is free. Therefore, we would greatly appreciate any support towards the costs of running this competition.
See the full competition guidelines below.
**PLEASE READ ALL THE GUIDELINES. YOUR ENTRY WILL BE DISQUALIFIED IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THESE (SIMPLE) STEPS**
- Free to enter.
- One entry per person.
- Everyone is welcome to enter, whoever you are and wherever you are in the world.
- Poems must be original and never previously published (including self-published) online or in print.
- Please do not submit work that is under consideration elsewhere. Once submitted, your entry cannot be withdrawn.
- Your poem must be 10 lines or fewer. Your title is separate to this line limit.
- Only entries made via the online form (link below) will be considered.
- Entries open 1 May 2022. The closing date is 31 July 2022 @ 19:00 BST. If in doubt about time zones, don’t leave it until the last day!
- Entries will be judged anonymously. Judges’ decision is final.
- There is a prize fund of £60, which will be split as follows: 1st – £30 / 2nd – £15 / 3rd (x3) – £5. We reserve the right to reduce the number of prizes if insufficient entries are received.
- Prize and commended poems will be published online. Each winning author will have the chance to be featured on the website.
- Results will be published online and on Twitter by the end of September. If, for any reason, this needs to be changed, we will provide an update on this page. **UPDATE: We will be contacting all respondents by email before publishing the results online. As such, we now expect to release the results publicly by 15 October 2022. Thank you for your patience.**
- By entering the Briefly Write Poetry Prize, you are granting us first electronic rights only. Copyright reverts to the author upon publication.
- If anything isn’t clear, send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your entry.
3 thoughts on “Briefly Write Poetry Prize”
I was happy to come across this website.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express and give hope to all the poets out there!!!
Loved this website!