Briefly Write is a little literary space for bold, succinct writing
Briefly Write is a creative space for bold poetry and prose.
- We publish a twice yearly zine of quality writing and photos
- We provide free-to-enter poetry and fiction competitions with cash prizes
- We are active members of the literary community, obsessive readers and supportive editors
- We offer reading challenges that promote a more conscious reading experience and book reviews that share insights into contemporary and classic works
- We hope you enjoy your (brief) time spent with us!
Daniel Clark (he/him)
Daniel is a writer and translator with words in Acumen, Ethel Zine, MHRA Working Papers in the Humanities, The Sunlight Press and Zero Readers. He won In Another Voice‘s 2021 Poetry Translation Prize for his translation of Jairo Martín de la Fuente’s ‘Literatura Anatómica’. He has been nominated for Best Small Fictions and Best Microfiction awards, and performed eco-poetry at COP26. He is vegan for the animals. @dang_clark
Elinor Clark (she/her)
Elinor’s words have appeared in AMBIT, Poetry Ireland, The London Magazine, Northern Gravy, The Blue Nib, Marble Poetry and Lighthouse Journal. She loves attending open mic nights and that feeling of finding a poem you need to re-read and re-read and re-read. @elinor_s_clark
We have ambitious plans for the future of Briefly Write – but we need your support to pursue them. We want to establish a sustainable model that will allow us to pay contributors, grow our readership and generate more exciting content and creativity. We want to encourage more people to share their story and get more voices heard.
Support us on Buy Me a Coffee or Ko-Fi.
Every penny we receive goes towards maintaining and improving Briefly Write. We do not take any money out.